Thursday, September 6, 2012

A great question


We are coming to a close in our study of the Gospel of Mark in my community group.  This morning during my quiet time and going through the lesson, the last question was rather difficult:

What difference has Jesus' death on the cross made in your life?

I had to pause, and ask myself, "What difference has it made?" 

Do I live like Jesus' death and resurrection has made a difference in my life?

Can others look at my life and tell it has made a difference?

Do the things I give my life to show it has made a difference?

Do I really understand the profound impact it has on my salvation?  If so, why don't I talk about it more to this world that so desperately needs the Gospel, instead of worrying about rejection?

Am I ever over whelmed by the power of and what really has been accomplished by His death on the cross and His resurrection?

Are the things I'm vocal and passionate about reflect that His death has made a difference?

Do my conversations reflect that my life is different because of it?

Can people I don't even know look at my Facebook and Twitter and see that His death and resurrection have made a difference in my life?

Does the way I spend my time and money reflect it has made a difference?

Do I love others, even those I adamantly disagree with, in a way that reflects it has made a difference in my life?

Do I just do religious routine, or does my worship reflect the power of His death and resurrection?

His final words on the cross were, "It is finished"(John 19:30).  
The Gospel.  
The debt has been paid.  
God's wrath has been satisfied.

This should floor us, draw us to obedience and worship, and truly make a difference in our life.

thanks for reading...

peace,
bg
Twitter: @gossettbrandon

1 comment: