Monday, August 13, 2012

Really?

Jesus tells us the greatest commandment is this:
 ...You shall love the Lord God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength..(Mark 12:30)

Do I love Jesus with ALL my heart, with ALL my soul, with ALL my mind, and with ALL my strength? Nope.   Does Jesus really mean "ALL"?  Yep.

Believe me, I love Jesus.  I love Jesus A LOT.  But I don't love Him with ALL that is in me.

Of all the things Jesus taught, He called this the greatest commandment. Why? Jesus knew that when He becomes our All, we would experience true joy and fulfillment, and this would drive us to obedience, a desire to deepen our relationship with Him, and to teach others about Christ.

As Christians, obeying this commandment is a struggle. We really have to ask ourselves some tough questions.  Do we love Jesus with our all? Does Jesus even get part of our love, or is He just something we talk about for 2 hours on Sunday, and then kind of forget about Him until the next week?  Jesus fits nicely in our Sunday morning schedule, but after that, sometimes He just doesn't fit in that well.  And, we can come up with great excuses for not spending time with Christ learning to love Him more; "I'm too busy", "Work is too crazy right now", "My kids have so many activities", "I just need some 'me-time'", "I'm too tired", and on and on.

I believe it's safe to say when we think and talk like this, our hearts do not reflect loving God with our ALL. So, what do we do?

We remind ourselves of the Gospel.  We remind ourselves that He foreknew our shortcomings and still forgives us.

And by reminding ourselves of that, it draws us to love Him more.

I pray that I would come to love Jesus more and more everyday, until that day He makes me new, where I will love Him with ALL my heart and with ALL my soul and with ALL my mind and with ALL my strength for eternity.

thanks for reading.

peace.
bg
Twitter: @gossettbrandon


What prevents you from loving Jesus with your all?


No comments:

Post a Comment